Our client base is very diverse, but our approach is consistent; to always do the very best for our clients, remain focused on client goals and solve challenges by thinking outside of the box. This is driven by our passion for planning and our purpose, planning our future built world.
We don’t only care about what we do, we also care about how we do it and are proud of the team and the friendly and supportive environment we have in which to work. The team remain committed to providing exemplary professional service to our clients, whilst enjoying each other’s company and sharing some fun.
Working with us means you’ll be part of something special. We are committed to growing the business and know we can do this by increasing and developing a great team.
This is a full time role, with office/home hybrid working and a salary that is commensurate with experience.
Purpose of the role
- Be instrumental in developing our client base.
- Manage the team’s proficiency by being an effective leader on projects.
- Be part of the senior management team, with input on setting the strategic direction.
- Be a face of the business, using strong networking skills to promote the business throughout the construction industry.
- Support existing client relationships and acquire new business.
- Provide first class client service
- Project manage planning work relevant to skills, expertise and career goals.
- Work collaboratively with trusted partners to deliver results for our clients.
- Strategically manage projects including regard to financial management.
- Maintain CPD on relevant legislation, latest planning laws and key planning decisions.
- Foster excellent relationships with all stakeholders of the planning process including local authorities.
- Be a senior leader in the business.
- Engage, motivate and develop the planning team to ensure proficiency on projects.
- Operate our internal software to assist in internal planning and process.
- Proven track record of operating at a senior level in leading planning projects and managing teams
- Extensive experience of the planning process and managing client demands from the start of an enquiry to discharge of conditions.
- Ability to demonstrate previous report writing and the making of recommendations on significant planning projects.
- Skilled at appreciating design and thinking outside the box.
- Proficient in professional good practice and accuracy.
- A degree (or equivalent) in Town Planning or relevant environmental discipline.
- Membership of the RTPI.
- Significant experience in the UK with a substantial part of that time spent in the private sector.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Senior level planning skills and an understanding of the planning system that will provide exemplary advice to clients.
- Proficient at developing new business, expanding networks and creating a pipeline of projects, supported by currently having significant contacts in our industry.
- Ability to communicate and make an impact at senior levels and across all stakeholders.
- Excellent project management skills, demonstrating the ability to keep to timeframes and maintain accuracy.
- Adept at report writing, showing a talent for explaining complex issues to a variety of audiences.
- Skilled at line management and team leadership, with the ability to coach and mentor the team. A team player.
- Able to work effectively under pressure, with deadlines and competing demands.